HPE Customized ESXi Image – October 2016 Update
HPE has released ESXi images with latest bundles and drivers recently.
If you are HPE customer and you are using HPE servers in your environment for implementing vSphere platform, you should download and upgrade your servers.
Why custom HPE ESXi Image?
- Based on the standard VMware ESXi ISO, it is the easiest and most reliable way to install ESXi on HPE ProLiant servers
- Includes all of the required drivers to run ESXi on HPE ProLiant servers
- Installs the management software to enable robust server management
- Works seamlessly with Intelligent Provisioning
Certain ProLiant servers require the use of the HPE Customized image for a successful installation. The drivers for the new network and storage controllers in the servers are integrated in the HPE Customized image and are not part of the generic ESXi image that is distributed by VMware. ESXi requires drivers for these controllers to be integrated as you are not able to insert them during installation. To determine if your server requires the HPE Customized image, refer to the Server Support Matrix.
Options for using HPE Customizations for VMware ESXi:
A. Download the completely customized HPE ESXi image
B. Download the HPE ESXi Offline Bundles and 3rd party driver bundles included in the
HPE Customized image and apply them to your VMware ESXi downloaded from VMware
C. Build your own custom ESXi image, choosing an a la carte of bundles from the
HPE ESXi Offline Bundles and 3rd party driver bundles included in the HPE Customized image
These downloads are available for customers according to the terms in the HPE Software License Agreement. Certain software may require a valid warranty, current support contract with HPE, or a license fee.
A. HPE Customized ESXi Image
- ESXi and vSphere:
- vSphere 6.0 U2 Oct 2016 – Download here New
- vSphere 6.0 U1 Jan 2016 – Download here
- vSphere 6.0 July 2015 – Download here
- vSphere 5.5 U3 Oct 2016 – Download here New
- vSphere 5.5 U2 Sept 2015 – Download here
- vSphere 5.5 U1 Dec 2014 – Download here
- vSphere 5.5 June 2014 – Download here
- vSphere 5.1 U3 Apr 2016 – Download here
- The April 2016 HPE Customized ESXi Images are now supported with the AMD Opteron 63xx Processors. Refer to the customer advisory http://h41302.www4.hp.com/km/saw/view.do?docId=emr_na-c05087587&hsid=70556188&sz=8961. Also refer to the April 2016 VMware FW and Software Recipe documentation for additional details at http://vibsdepot.hpe.com/.
- vSphere 5.1 U2 Nov 2014 – Download here
- vSphere 5.1 U1 Sept 2013 – Download here
- vSphere 5.1 Feb 2013 – Download here
- ESXi 5.0 U3 Nov 2015 – Download here
- ESXi 5.0 U2 Sept 2013 – Download here
- ESXi 5.0 U1 Oct 2012 – Download here
- ESXi 4.x – Download here
- Contents of above images available here New
B. HPE ESXi Offline Bundles
- For customers already using VMware ESXi
- It is recommended that customers update to the latest version on their supported ProLiant at their earliest convenience
- VMware Update Manager and ESXCLI compliant HPE bundles and 3rd party drivers included in the HPE Customized image are available from HPE vibsdepot
- List of HPE VMware vSphere 6.x bundles and their contents available here New
- List of HPE ESXi 5.x bundles and their contents available here New
- List of HPE ESXi 4.x bundles and their contents available here
C. Build your own custom ESXi image
- VMware Image Builder compliant HPE bundles and 3rd party drivers included in the HPE Customized image available from HPE vibsdepot